A Hammerhead Corvette was an armed transport corvette ship used by the Rebellion, secretly donated by Senator Bail Organa as new additions. They were based on an ancient model used centuries ago before the rise of the Galactic Empire. Phoenix Squadron had used three Hammerheads in their growing Fleet against the Galactic Empire in many operations.
These ships became a vital part of the Rebellion, more joining in when Mon Mothma transmitted her message, and escorting the rebels wherever they went. One of the corvettes, P2, was destroyed in the Battle Of Atollon. The other two, along with the Liberator, escaped to the Yavin Base.
- "A Princess on Lothal" (First appearance)
- "The Protector of Concord Dawn"
- "The Forgotten Droid"
- "The Mystery of Chopper Base"
- "Twilight of the Apprentice"
- The Hammerhead's design is inspired by similarly named transports seen in the Knights of the Old Republic video game series.
- The Hammerheads also appear in the live-action film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. During the Battle of Scarif, one of the Hammerheads is used as a ram to push a disabled Star Destroyer into a second Star Destroyer, knocking them into Scarif's planetary shield, disabling it, which allows the Rebels to transmit the plans for the Death Star from the surface.