It premiered on WatchDisneyXD.com and the WatchDisneyXD app on January 12, 2015, before making its television debut on January 19.
At Old Jho's Pit Stop, Kanan was speaking with Old Jho in hopes of finding a job that would earn them some credits but so far there was nothing present. However Jho pointed out the stranger who was playing sabacc with Zeb was looking for a ship and crew to hire. At the table, after the Rodian player left in a huff, the game was now between Zeb and the unknown stranger and since Zeb was out of credits he bet on Chopper, much to the droid’s dismay. Unfortunately Zeb lost to the stranger, who was known as Lando Calrissian. Later, Kanan, Zeb and Chopper return to the Ghost with Lando who had agreed to hire them in getting special cargo pass the Imperial blockade in exchange for credits they needed and the return of Chopper. At first Hera didn't understand about returning Chopper until Zeb told her he bet on him in a game of sabacc, much to her shock. She was even more annoyed when Zeb told her Kanan agreed to it and after giving him a punch in the shoulder she went off to prepare the ship for take-off in a growl.
Soon after jumping to hyperspace, Lando helped himself to a look around the ship and already he began to get on the crew’s nerves, especially with his smooth talk around Hera and Sabine which bothered both Kanan and Ezra. The Rebels soon arrived at their destination and dock with a nearby shop commanded by a criminal known as Azmorigan. Upon boarding, Lando, Kanan and Hera met Azmorigan, who had the cargo Lando ordered and in exchange for it, Lando presented Hera to him as his new slave, much to her shock. Soon the trade was made, Kanan and Lando got to take the cargo and Azmorigan got to keep Hera. Kanan was not very pleased with Lando trading Hera but Lando assured him he had nothing to worry about as the whole thing was part of his plan. Soon after the Rebels detached from Azmorigan’s ship, Hera continued to play on as his new servant and after finally getting him alone, she took him out with only a serving tray and escaped aboard one of the escape pods that Lando mentioned earlier. She returned safely to the Ghost and the Rebels made the quick jump to hyperspace back to Lothal before Azmorigan could get a chance to capture them. Hera, angry at Lando for making her go through with this mission, punched him in the groin before walking off.
Thanks to Ezra and Zeb, the Rebels discovered that Lando’s cargo was in fact a Puffer pig, and after it got spooked by Zeb it roams free around the ship. Then out of fear, it suddenly inflated blocking the way to the bridge. The Rebels soon arrived back at Lothal where the Imperial Blockade was waiting and to make things worse, since their sensory scrambler was inoperative, the Imperial’s would recognize them unless Chopper fixed it and since he was no longer a member of the crew, he could do nothing until Lando gave him the order to do so. Lando gave Chopper the order to fix the scrambler just as the Imperials began scanning their ship. Unfortunately, thanks to Ezra, the Puffer Pig suddenly inflated even bigger, causing Zeb to be pushed against the controls and as a result shutting down the scrambler. The moment the Imperials recognized the Ghost, Admiral Konstantine gave the TIE Pilots the order to shoot them down. Soon the Rebels made a run for it with four TIE Fighters on their tail. After entering the atmosphere, the Rebels took cover in the clouds and the TIEs lost sight of them until without warning, the Ghost came out of nowhere and opened fire on the two remaining fighters and destroyed them.
The Rebels arrived at Lando’s farmland where Lando explained his reasons for getting the Puffer Pig because he planned to use this creature to sniff out precious minerals and since the Empire doesn't want private landholders mining on Lothal, this animal was a more efficient alternative to mining equipment. The Rebels were prepared to get their payment and leave when Azmorigan and his men came out of nowhere with blasters. He demanded the return of his Puffer Pig and Hera, plus he wanted to personally bury Lando. When the Rebels refused to make any deals with Azmorigan, he ordered his men to open fire and attack. The Rebels took cover and returned fire but then they were forced to stand down when Azmorigan had Zeb at gunpoint. He threatened to shoot him unless they handed him Calrissian, but thanks to Chopper he saved Zeb and Hera ordered Azmorigan and his men to leave, sparing their lives. With Azmorigan gone, the Rebels got Chopper back and left without their payment. However thanks to Chopper, who was playing along with Lando, the Rebels got a canister of fuel for their ship which Chopper stole from Lando.
- Taylor Gray as Ezra Bridger
- Freddie Prinze, Jr. as Kanan Jarrus
- Steven Blum as Garazeb Orrelios / Scanning Technician
- Tiya Sircar as Sabine Wren
- Vanessa Marshall as Hera Syndulla
- Billy Dee Williams as Lando Calrissian
- Dee Bradley Baker as Kassius Konstantine / Jho / TIE Pilot #2
- James Hong as Azmorigan
- Benjamin Diskin as TIE Pilot #1
- The episode's title “Idiot’s Array” is also the name for a hand in the in-universe card game of Sabacc.
- Lando Calrissian makes a special guest appearance in this episode. He is voiced by Billy Dee Williams who originally portrayed Lando in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.
- The character design for Azmorigan was based on Ralph McQuarrie's original concept for Jabba the Hutt in Return of the Jedi.
- The card game Sabacc first appeared in the script of The Empire Strikes Back, though any mention of it was cut from the film. A trilogy of Lando Calrissian novels published in 1983 explained the mechanics of the card game.
- In 1989, a playable set of Sabacc cards was included in a roleplaying game module called "Crisis on Cloud City". The designs of the cards seen in the episode were inspired by that set.
- No TIE pilots talked in this episode although it has it on the credits.