- “Never actually flown one of these before.”
- ―Zeb at the controls for the first time[src]
The Rebel TIE Fighter (also referred as the Stolen TIE or Sabine's TIE Fighter) was a modified twin ion engine starfighter that was stolen by Ezra Bridger and Garazeb Orrelios, which became a Rebel starfighter.
Unlike a standard Imperial TIE Fighter, this TIE was specially modified by Sabine Wren to accommodate life support and an electromagnetic pulse charge that could disable an entire Imperial Star Destroyer. However, like all TIE Fighters, it still lacked shielding and hyperspace travel. Because Sabine partly painted over part of the solar panels, it had power issues, but still worked well enough.
While on a simple supply run, this TIE Fighter was under the care of TIE Pilot, Baron Rudor, until it was hijacked by Zeb and Ezra when they were on the run from Stormtroopers. Flying blind with fruit juice covering the ship's visor, they flew away from the town of Kothal and across the open fields of Lothal. When Ezra and Zeb told Kanan about the TIE, he told them to get rid of it as stealing a TIE could attract unwanted attention and the Empire could be tracking it.
After dismantling the locator beacon, Ezra and Zeb flew all the way to the Rebel rendezvous point when they spotted trouble at a farm owned by Morad Sumar; friend of Ezra's parents. They used the TIE to rescue the farmers and help them escape from the Imperials. They later continued on their way to regroup with the Rebels. Zeb and Ezra claimed that they crashed the TIE Fighter they stole on purpose but in fact they hid it in a secret place where Sabine got hold of it and decorated it in graffiti artwork and Rebel colors with Ezra.
The TIE Fighter was used in the Rebel's mission to rescue Kanan who was being held prisoner aboard Tarkin's Star Destroyer, the Sovereign in orbit of Mustafar. They remotely piloted the TIE Fighter aboard the ship and once inside, released an electromagnetic pulse that rendered the Sovereign powerless. As the ship began to blow up, Hera, Zeb and Sabine used the TIE to escape while Ezra and Kanan used the Inquisitor's TIE Fighter and regrouped with the Transport ship they stole and escaped to hyperspace with a fleet of other Rebels.
- "Fighter Flight" (First appearance)
- "Rise of the Old Masters" (Appears in hologram)
- "Path of the Jedi" (Indirect mention only)
- "Fire Across the Galaxy"
- Originally, the TIE Fighter was going to be seen a few more times in the series as a background project secretly undertaken by Ezra and Sabine. All references to it, including its actual survival at the end of "Fighter Flight", were edited out to save time in individual episodes and also to maximize the impact of its reveal.
- The TIE's paint job includes icons seen on Sabine's helmet, Kanan's arm guard, Hera's Lekku, Ezra's jacket and Chopper's face.
- This is the first TIE Fighter in the series to be used as a Rebel craft.