- “Join the Rebellion.”
- ―Season 1 tagline
A feature-length film, titled Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion, premiered prior to the series, on October 3, 2014. Unlike the series, Spark of Rebellion premiered on Disney Channel. It also served as the series' two-part pilot.
The series was renewed for a second season on October 2, 2014, prior to its premiere. However, Greg Weisman will not return for the second season, with Henry Gilroy set to replace him.
- Main article: Star Wars Rebels Episode List
On the planet Lothal, an oppression has fallen over the residents of Capital City, at the hands of the Empire. Among these residents is a force-sensitive 14-year old, named Ezra Bridger. Following the sudden disappearance of his parents, Ezra was left an orphan. Ezra eventually took up residence in an abandoned tower, and resorted to stealing to survive. This thievery extended to the Empire, whom he would occasionally steal helmets from.
One day, Ezra encountered the crew of the Ghost, a group of rebels. The group was led by Kanan Jarrus, a Jedi in hiding. Interested, Ezra watched as the rebels secretly sabotaged an Imperial speeder, before stealing some supplies. Ezra then attempted to steal the supplies for himself, unsuccessfully. Ezra eventually joins the crew of the Ghost, leaving his life as a street rat behind.
It isn't long before Kanan learns of Ezra's force potential. Kanan offers to train Ezra in the ways of the force, to Ezra's approval. Overtime, the Ghost's crew forms the foundation of the Rebellion, striking blows against the Empire. Unfortunately, the rebels are being tracked down by an Imperial ISB agent, named Kallus. In addition to Kallus, the crew is also being pursued by The Inquisitor, also known as the Jedi hunter.
Main Cast and CrewEdit
- Taylor Gray as Ezra Bridger 
- Freddie Prinze, Jr. as Kanan Jarrus 
- Tiya Sircar as Sabine 
- Steven Blum as Garazeb Orrelios 
- Greg Ellis as Baron Rudhor 
- David Oyelowo as Kallus 
- James Arnold Taylor as Ben Kenobi 
- Jason Isaacs as The Inquisitor 
- Dave Filoni as Excecutive Producer 
- Greg Weisman as Executive Producer 
- Simon Kinberg as Excecutive Producer 
- Henry Gilroy as Executive Producer  (Season 2)
- The series' rebel protagonists are based on Ralph McQuarrie's original concept of the heroes of Star Wars.
- Rebels takes place between the events of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, and Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
- Several of Ralph McQuarrie's concept art is used in production of the series (e.g. stormtrooper design, Lasat species design, Chopper's design, etc.).
- Similar to the Original Trilogy, Rebels features space dogfights, inspired by World War II.
External Links Edit
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2342402/?ref_=nv_sr_1
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005327/?ref_=nv_sr_1
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1587188/?ref_=nv_sr_1
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0089710/?ref_=nv_sr_1
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0254862/?ref_=tt_cl_t2
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0654648/?ref_=tt_cl_t5
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0852517/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t8
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005042/?ref_=nv_sr_1
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1396048/
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0918852/
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1334526/
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0319667/