The TIE Advanced v1 (also known as the TIE Advanced Starfighter) was an advanced prototype starfighter, mostly used by the Inquisitors.
Manufactured by Sienar Fleet Systems, the TIE Advanced was equipped with two laser cannons and a cluster missile launcher. Unlike regular TIE Fighters, the TIE Advanced could launch tracking devices onto escaping ships.
Unlike the TIE Advanced x1, the v1's S-foils could fold in around the cockpit when not in flight, conserving hangar space. Unusually for a TIE model, it had solar panels only on the inside surface of the wings, instead armor-plating the outside surfaces in order to make it more resistant to enemy fire from the sides. This resulted in lower power output from the panels, requiring the engines to run on fuel instead of the solar reactor, which only powered weapons, sensors, and auxiliary systems. The TIE Advanced v1 was armed with dual chin mounted laser cannons, and had the ability to launch warheads, including an XX-23 S-thread tracker.
The TIE Advanced v1 was unveiled on Empire Day, on the planet Lothal, fifteen years after the formation of the Galactic Empire. During the unveiling, it was announced that the TIE Advanced v1 would be produced on Lothal by Sienar Fleet Systems. Immediately after the unveiling, the first production TIE Advanced v1 was destroyed by Kanan Jarrus. The Grand Inquisitor was entrusted with a TIE Advanced v1 of his own due to the sensitive nature of his top-secret missions in hunting down Jedi. This particular TIE was stolen by Kanan Jarrus and his Padawan Ezra Bridger when fleeing the Mustafar system. The two new Inquisitors, the Fifth Brother and Seventh Sister, each had a TIE Advanced v1 as well, however they were destroyed by Zeb and Chopper; the two received replacements afterwards. It appears that the v1 was produced for use by all Inquisitors, as the Eighth Brother also employed one to reach Malachor, though it was later commandeered by Chopper. Either this v1 or one belonging to the Fifth Brother or Seventh Sister was later used to escape Malachor by Maul, who later replaced it with the Nightbrother.
Behind the Scenes
- "Empire Day" (First appearance) (First identified as TIE Advanced Starfighter)
- "Gathering Forces"
- "Fire Across the Galaxy"
- The v1 shares similar characteristics to Maul's sith infiltrator from the phantom menace such as the wings fold, however much of the design is based off darth Vader's TIE Advanced x1
- The v1 was one of the most notable imperial vehicle aside from the Imperial Light Carrier to be stolen, by the rebels and maul respectively.
- It is also the second tie fighter to be used as a rebel craft.
- It is unknown what happened to the Grand Inquisitor's tie advanced, but it's possible that the ghost crew hid it along with sabine's tie fighter.