It premiered on WatchDisneyXD.com and the WatchDisneyXD app on January 26, 2015, before making its television debut on February 2, 2015.
Ezra is being trained by Kanan to deflect blaster stun shots from Sabine, Zeb, and Chopper. Ezra cannot focus, as he is worried about missing the latest transmission from dissident Senator Gall Trayvis. Kanan reprimands Ezra for his distraction and impatience, and Kanan tells his Padawan to keep his concentration in the present. As Ezra continues to train, he hears voices in his head of the Senator-in-exile and others, and he sees a vision of the rebels being chased by Stormtroopers, the Rebels saving Senator Trayvis from the Imperials, and the Senator telling Ezra that his parents, Ephraim Bridger and Mira Bridger were very brave. When he awakens from his delirium, Ezra tells the others about what he saw, and assumes that the Senator must have known his parents to say such a thing. The rest of the crew disregards the vision.
Hera calls everyone back to the Ghost for the Senator's transmission over HoloNet News; though they missed it, Hera recorded the message and replays it. Hera points out that Trayvis hid a message in the transmission and that he will meet " local rebels" on Lothal. The messages Trayvis hides are obvious to the locals, but the Empire does not understand them. The Rebels figure out that the meeting will take place in the Old Republic Senate Building on Lothal, an abandoned site. Ezra then finds out from a friend, Zare Leonis at the Imperial Academy, that there is a plot to capture the Senator. Leonis also promises to provide more intel, but Leonis will be going to Officer Academy off-world.
After learning of the plot, the Rebels stake out the Senate Building, where a dignitary shuttle has docked. The crew discovers that the building is surrounded by Imperial troops and, as a result, they sense that they are walking into a trap. Ezra, however, is optimistic and suggests sneaking into the building through the sewers. Chopper guards the sewer entrance the Rebels used. The Rebels split up, with Zeb and Sabine going one way and Ezra, Hera, and Kanan going another. The latter group meets the Senator, and the rebels are ambushed by Imperials. The Rebels escape with Trayvis into the sewers, and a chase ensues as the Imperial forces pursue them. Imperial forces scurry to secure sewer entrances and a Stormtrooper patrol mistakes Chopper for a older model Imperial droid. The Stormtrooper patrol leaves Chopper to guard the entrance and instructs him to notify them if he sees the rebels.The rebels splits up in the sewers to confuse the pursuing forces, with Hera and Ezra taking the Senator. While in the sewers, they come to a slight drop and they all jump down to the floor, where the Senator falls down. Ezra and Hera help Trayvis to his feet, and a look of disgust passes over his face after being touched by the rebels. He brushes off his clothes, the areas where the rebels touched him, when Ezra and Hera are not looking.
The Rebels face another obstacle as they encounter a fan in the sewers. Hera gives Trayvis a blaster pistol to watch their backs as the two Rebels work to disable the fan. However, the Senator turns the blaster on the two Rebels and reveals himself as an Imperial agent, one who identifies Rebels and sympathizers so they can be killed—with their deaths looking like accidents. These unfortunate Rebels are killed after meeting with Trayvis. Trayvis says that no one spoke out against the Empire ever since the Bridger transmissions. Senator Trayvis realizes that Ezra is the Bridger's son. He tells the young Bridger that his parents were brave but foolish. Trayvis explains he joined the Empire to survive and that Ezra's parents should have too if they valued their lives. Trayvis then says that their rebellious nature has them dead and gone. Trayvis tries to shoot Hera as she approaches him, but the blaster was not charged and Hera knocks him unconscious.
The remaining Rebels arrive, followed by the Imperial forces. Kanan uses the Force to stop the fan, and the Rebels escape from the Imperials as Trayvis regains consciousness. Ezra gives Trayvis a face of disappointment and anger, to which Trayvis appears to feel sorry for what he has done. The Rebels return to the Ghost, where Kanan explains that Ezra interpreted his vision wrong. Hera, likewise, says that she also wanted to believe in Trayvis, but despite his true allegiance there is still hope in the galaxy.
- Taylor Gray as Ezra Bridger
- Freddie Prinze, Jr. as Kanan Jarrus / Protocol Droid #1
- Steven Blum as Garazeb Orrelios / Alton Kastle / Stormtrooper Commander
- Tiya Sircar as Sabine Wren
- Vanessa Marshall as Hera Syndulla
- Brent Spiner as Gall Trayvis
- David Oyelowo as Agent Kallus
- Kath Soucie as Maketh Tua
- David Acord as Protocol Droid #2
- Matthew Wood as Stormtrooper
- Bryton James as Zare Leonis
- Gall Travis is physically introduced for the first time in this episode.
- Ezra does lightsaber combat for the first time in this episode.
- The working title for this episode was "Lure".
- During Ezra's lightsaber practice at the start of the episode, the Ghost crew are firing low-powered training bolts, as seen in the episode "Breaking Ranks", and matching the stinger beams the training remote uses against Luke Skywalker in A New Hope.
- Gall Trayvis' droids use the McQuarrie-inspired protocol droid design finished with Senate coloring and symbols.
- This episode adds a circular saw to Chopper's assortment of tools.
- The New Freedom mural on the old Lothal Senate Building is inspired by WPA-styled art created in the U.S. from 1935 to 1943. In addition to agriculture, New Freedom makes clear that fisheries were once a major industry on Lothal.
- Kallus make a callback to Spark of Rebellion when he calls Ezra "Jabba", the alias Ezra used when Kallus captured him.